AS and A level Drama is changing, from September 2016 there will be a new A level Drama and Theatre qualification covering the revised criteria. Pearson’s brand new published resources are designed to support teachers in delivering the content in a practical and engaging way and help students of all abilities prepare for the new exam.
1) Tailor-made for the new specification
New resources written specifically for the new Edexcel AS andÂ A level Drama specification, to cover all components of the new qualification.
2) Focus on exam preparation
Specific guidance for students focusing on exam skills, with sample answers and commentaries and support around analysing and evaluation for the portfolio.
3) A practical focus at the heartÂ
Our course is designed to support the new Edexcel specification in its practical focus. Our new resources provide worksheets, teaching notes and practical workshop ideas to help students engage with the set texts.
4) Designed to help every student make progress
Clearly structured sections help students of all abilities develop the skills needed throughout the course, with support for lower ability students with written work.
The Edexcel AS and A Level Drama and Theatre Student Book focuses on supporting students throughout the course in developing the skills they need for the exam component, Theatre Makers in Practice. The Student Book includes:
- guidance and activities for studying and exploring all the set texts
- Â introductions to set practitioners and support on developing knowledge and understanding of their methodologies
- Â support with analysing and evaluating live theatre productions
- Â guidance on responding to unseen extracts in the exam
- Â aÂ Preparing for your Exam section with sample answers and commentaries for both AS and A level assessments.
The Edexcel AS/A Level Drama and Theatre ActiveBook is an online edition of the Student Book that can be personalised with annotations and notes, designed for independent student access anywhere, any time.