The funny and joyful picture book from the number one bestselling author and illustrator of The Gruffalo, Stick Man and Zog.
‘Morning had dawned on the African plain.
The lion lay grooming his glorious mane.
The kudu looked cool and the rhino looked fine.
The bright pink flamingos looked simply divine.
The zebra looked graceful; the leopard look great.
Oh what a picture of beauty – but wait!’
Who’s that singing on the savannah?
The wildebeest, warthog, vulture, hyena and marabou stork swagger proudly across the savannah, rejoicing in their ugliness – and delighting their babies, who think they’re perfect just the way they are.
Inspired by the real-life Ugly Five safari animals, this gorgeous picture book is a celebration of animals who are often rather unloved.
- Sturdy board pages with softly rounded corners are perfect for little ones
- A funny and comical picture book from the UK’s number one picture book author and illustrator
- Perfect read-aloud rhyming text and stunning pictures on every page with lots of details to spot
- Full of fabulous animals!
- Celebrates being yourself, family and friendship
- From the creators of The Gruffalo, Stick Man and Zog, which have all been made into animated films
- Superworm is on BBC One at Christmas with voice artists including Oscar-winner Olivia Colman (narrator), Matt Smith (Superworm) and Rob Brydon (Crow)
- New for September 2022 – look out for The Baddies, the wickedly funny new picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
‘Evoke[s] the love between parents and children of every species’ Guardian