Turn the pages and get lost in a year full of stories as you journey around the world reading tale after tale to keep story time alive from one end of the year to the other. This rich resource collects together folk tales from home and legends and myths from distant lands to commemorate the changing seasons, cultural events and international festivals throughout the year.
The book is divided into 12 chapters, one for each month of the year, and throughout, stories are matched to internationally celebrated dates, including St. Patrick’s Day and the International Day of Friendship, as well as seasonal events and festivals.
Introduce the children in your life to richÂ cultural traditions from all over the globe, with stories like:
- King of the Forest, a Chinese story to celebrate Chinese New Year
- The Frog Prince, a German story to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- The Hare in the Moon, a Buddhist story to celebrate Vesak
- The Boots of Hunain, an Arabic story to celebrate Ramadan
- Jonah and the Whale, a Bible story to celebrate Yom Kippur
- How the Pine-tree Chief got his Name, an Iroquois story for Thanksgiving
- The Feast, an African story to celebrate Kwanza
Collected and retold by award-winning author Angela McAllister, and illustrated by internally recognised artist Christopher Corr, this is a book that will be treasured by families and appeal to teachers and librarians around the world. For story lovers young and old this is the perfect anthology for the entire family. Sure to keep the boredom blues at bay at any time of the year.
The World Full of? series is a collection of beautiful hardback story treasuries. Discover folktales from all around the world or be introduced to some of the world’s best-loved writers with these stunning gift books, the perfection addition to any child’s library.
Also available from the series:A World Full of Animal Stories, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories, A World Full of Dickens Stories, A World Full of Spooky Stories, A Year Full of Celebrations and Festivals and A Bedtime Full of Stories.